Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Legacy: a song by Nichole Nordeman

"I wanna leave a legacy, how will they remember me?"
(Legacy: a song by Nichole Nordeman)

it's fresh and honest: "I enjoy an accolade like the rest." and asks some important questions.

these were personally striking lines:
"Not well-traveled, not well-read
Not well-to-do, or well-bred
I just want to hear instead
Well done, good and faithful one"
because it brought to remembrance my earnest answer almost 5 years ago when asked how I wanted people to remember me: I said I wanted to be remembered as someone who lived solely for the Lord: "It doesn't even matter if they don't remember who I am so long as they remember the One I lived for. The purpose of my life is to point people to Him and enjoy Him forever."

Sweet ambition, when did I forget you? Nevertheless, I'm back.

1 comment:

Wielding the Sword said...

Donna, I LOVE this song too!

Only one life, 'twill soon be passed
Only what's done for Christ will last.

My Google Reader Shared Items