Thursday, August 10, 2006

Grace and Truth

I read a short but very good article by Randy Alcorn about the importance of having grace and truth together, at all times.

Quote:

"Truth-oriented Christians love studying Scripture and theology. But sometimes they're quick to judge and slow to forgive. They're strong on truth, weak on grace.

Grace-oriented Christians love forgiveness and freedom. But sometimes they neglect biblical study and see moral standards as "legalism." They're strong on grace, weak on truth."
Ouch. I admit that I'm usually truth-oriented and quick to judge. (But the Lord knows how hard I try to suppress this tendency because haughty eyes are sooooo wrong, not to mention despicable in the Lord's sight.) When I am gracious, I sometimes fail to endorse the truth coz I don't know how to do it without seeming un-gracious... So it seems I have truth and I have grace, but hardly ever at the same time. God has grace and God has truth, and He has them working together in perfect harmony.
"Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3 (NASB)

No comments:

My Google Reader Shared Items