Thursday, June 29, 2006

Let your passion be single

(See Special Programs, "Let Your Passion Be Single")

I heard John Piper preach for the first time tonight. I decided to listen to the sermon because I was struck by the title: "let your passion be single". Whispering a prayer in my heart for the Lord to unite my heart to fear His name, I proceeded to listen to the audio stream. It's more or less an introduction to "Christian Hedonism", and some of the lines/quotes/illustrations in the sermon are also in his books "Desiring God" and "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ". I was happy to hear familiar words and was further established in my belief that God is the Gospel.

"The redeemed will indeed enjoy other things; they will enjoy the angels, and will enjoy one another: but that which they shall enjoy in the angels, or each other, or in anything else whatsoever, that will yield them delight and happiness, will be what will be seen of God in them." (Jonathan Edwards)

Taste and see that the Lord is good... (Psalm 34 NIV)

No comments:

My Google Reader Shared Items