Thursday, June 08, 2006

Pyromaniacs

Stumbled upon this while going through The Spurgeon Archive and as God would have it, it was just what I needed.


>>>> Preview: What kind of temperament does God use?
Ah, the joy of being someone else. Don't we all see traits in others that we wish we could make our own? (Watch out for the ones who answer "No.")

I'm inclined to constant self-doubt, second-guessing... and third, and twelfth, and forty-second; to protracted inner debates; and to endless introspection. (Every post of mine that you read, as a rule, has gone through a dozen or two re-writes, and I am still re-working my sermons the morning I am to preach them, no matter how long I've been laboring over them, or how many times I may have preached them before.) Vulnerability to melancholy and bitter regret is a constant battle. I hope that those for whom I'm answerable profit from my thorough worrying and quadruple-checking, but it's a wearisome way to be. Read more...

The other articles are good too... and the design, the graphics, the links... This blog's worth at least a weekly visit. :-)

1 comment:

Wielding the Sword said...

Hi Donna! I found you through Pyromanaics. I'm new to the blog as well (actually I am new to Blogger altogether!. I am adding you to my blog list! Stop by mine sometime (I just started it). God's peace!

-Carly-

My Google Reader Shared Items